Artist in Residence Programm (english)
Zentralwerk is a place where artists, cultural activists and out-of-the-box thinkers from different fields and disciplines live and work together.
GEH8 is an artist studio and established project space for contemporary art. Both are located in Pieschen, in the North-West of Dresden, Germany, just a few minutes walking distance from one another.
Together, we invite artists, curators and academics to become part of the community for a period of one to three months, to make use of, complement and enlarge our network. You can develop, realize and present your projects in collaboration with the initiatives, institutions and individuals on both sites and in Dresden.
ZENTRALWERK & GEH8 A I R is starting right now!
ZENTRALWERK houses apartments for the 35 members of the cooperative as well as about 70 individuals and initiatives from various fields of thought and deed who have studios there. There is an exhibition space (to be), a ball room for bigger events and a space for smaller events.
GEH8 art space & studios offers you a spacious studio space as well as attractive exhibition opportunities in a former industrial production hall of 300 square meters.
You are an artist, a curator or researcher, and want to work at ZENTRALWERK & GEH8?
A.I.R. ZENTRALWERK & GEH8 offers:
- at Zentralwerk – a fully equipped living space, 34 square meters with kitchenette and bathroom, sleeps up to four
- at GEH8 art space & studios – a fully equipped studio space, 50 square meters (water supply, WiFi, heating, electricity)
- spacious exhibition and event spaces
- a constantly growing network within Dresden, in Germany and Europe
support in applying for funding and visa
- support in realizing your project (exhibition, lecture, performances…)
support with PR
- a guest bike (by way of pledge)
- occasional child care as needed
A.I.R. ZENTRALWERK & GEH8 requires:
- an informal artist talk / public introduction after Arrival
- a presentation (studio exhibition, exhibition participation, performance, screening, …) at the end of the stay
- participate in arranged visits to other art venues and events
- a valid health insurance for Germany
- 900,- € / month – The fee covers accommodation in a private apartment and a studio space, both including internet, electricity, water, insurances, and Support
- travel and visa costs
- production and living costs
A.I.R. Zentralwerk & Geh8 will provide help in searching for grants, once the resident is selected.
You can send your application in German or English for residencies from November 2017 to January 2018 or February 2018 to April 2018 (3 months each) by June 30th, 2017, by e-mail to email@example.com:
- desired period of the stay (Nov-Jan or Feb-April)
- CV, portfolio / samples of your work (PDF; including images up to 10 MB in total, video preferably as links to Vimeo, Youtube etc., exceptionally through wetransfer or alike)
- project proposal
- motivation letter
Applications sent by regular mail can only be sent back if a prepaid envelope is provided. Please send your questions and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected artists are notified by July 31st, 2017. If you do not receive a notification by that date, your application has not been successful this time. Thank you for your understanding that individual letters of refusal cannot be sent for organisational reasons.
Back to German version.